A Pats Fan Primer on Rooting for Brett Favre
|12.28.08 at 4:32 pm ET|
Yes, yes — by now you’ve heard. The Patriots’ playoff fate could be determined by whether Brett Favre and the Jets can beat the Dolphins. I can’t imagine that our man Fitzy is too psyched about this turn of events.
This is the same Brett Favre who, as a member of the Packers, beat the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXI.
This is the same Brett Favre who gave the Pats no love in 2002, when he could’ve punched a playoff ticket for the Patriots with a win over the Jets.
This is the same Brett Favre who managed to look good for just about the only time this season in beating the Pats in a 34-31 overtime win at Gillette this year.
So, obviously, there is a bit of an uphill challenge for most Pats fans who must now bite the bullet and embrace the Jets’ No. 4. In an effort to help in the process, we offer this primer, courtesy of Joe Sports Fan, that offers insight into why you might not only find it acceptable to root for Favre, but why, as an American patriot, you MUST root for the erstwhile star of There’s Something About Mary.
But, if all of that fails, perhaps Patriots fans can find some love in their hearts for the Jaguars against the Ravens?
Follow the Jets-Dolphins game here.
Or, pretend it’s not happening and just root like crazy for the Jaguars by following this game.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call