Friendship is strong, but the burger is stronger!
|01.12.09 at 2:00 pm ET|
Those savvy Burger King marketers are at it again. A few weeks back, LEEINKS blogged about the new Burger King fragrance. Well, now the self-proclaimed king of burgers wants to know if you are willing to part ways with ten of your facebook friends for a free Whopper. The “Whopper Sacrifice” Facebook app, which launched on Wednesday, asks users to choose 10 Facebook friends they won’t mind losing from their profiles. Once they’ve put those 10 expendable friends to the torch—literally, their profile photos can be set ablaze—Burger King will send a coupon redeemable for a free Whopper at participating restaurants. UPDATE: Facebook Burns BK “Whopper Sacrifice”.
Facebook marketing continues to explode like Willis McGahee’s knee in the BCS title game. For example, check out today’s column by Jessica Camerato on One Fan’s Push to Send Scal to Phoenix for the NBA All-Star Game. No disrespect to Scal, who played a great game in Toronto on Sunday (7 points, 2 Rebounds, and 6 fouls in 25 minutes), but he won’t be joining the Big 3 in Phoenix.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call