Thursday’s Morning Mashup
|04.08.10 at 7:41 am ET|
WHAT’S HAPPENING TODAY:
Sabres at Bruins, 7 p.m. (NESN)
AROUND THE WEB:
Here’s the Tiger Woods commercial that’s creeping everybody out. Writes Richard Sandomir in The New York Times: “Nike could not wait to package the contrition of Tiger Woods in a 30-second ad.” Meanwhile, Dan Wetzel at Yahoo!Sports writes that anything can happen this weekend at Augusta National.
John Harper in the New York Daily News has the Yankees’ perspective of the series at Fenway.
ON THIS DAY TRIVIA: On April 8, 1991, which veteran slugger made his Red Sox debut and hit a grand slam to give Roger Clemens and the Sox a 6-2 victory over the Blue Jays in Toronto.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “I felt really good tonight, but it was a classic situation where you make one mistake and you pay for it. — Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon, after Wednesday night’s loss to the Yankees
STAT OF THE DAY: 8 — Consecutive victories for the Celtics over the Raptors (spanning two full seasons), following Wednesday’s 115-104 win in Toronto
‘NET RESULTS: Keith Ballard of the Florida Panthers accidentally throws the puck in his own goal vs. the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night.
One too many fakes on this indoor soccer penalty kick.
Butler coach Brad Stevens gets interviewed by David Letterman.
TRIVIA ANSWER: Jack Clark
SOOTHING SOUNDS: Peggy Lennon of the Lennon Sisters is 69 today.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call