Wednesday’s Morning Mashup
|04.14.10 at 8:44 am ET|
WHAT’S HAPPENING TODAY:
Red Sox at Twins, 1:10 p.m. (NESN, WEEI)
Bucks at Celtics, 8 p.m. (CSNNE, WEEI)
AROUND THE WEB:
♦ Jason Cole at Yahoo!Sports.com writes that stupidity is the cause for the collapse of the Steelers’ dynamic duo of Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes. Meanwhile, in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Bob Smizik writes that it’s time to look into trading the troubled quarterback. And here’s a video clip of Steelers legend Terry Bradshaw discussing how Roethlisberger “doesn’t like me, and I’m learning not to like him.”
♦ Allen Wilson in The Buffalo News is impressed by the New York Jets’ moves to bring in troubled but talented players this offseason.
♦ Armando Salguero in The Miami Herald writes about wide receiver Dez Bryant and defends the player as someone who has made immature mistakes but none serious enough to warrant passing him up in the first round of the draft.
♦ Ken Rosenthal from FoxSports.com writes that Twins infielder Orlando Hudson’s claims of racism in Major League Baseball free agency are not supported by facts.
♦ David Haugh in the Chicago Tribune writes about the mess with the Bulls, recounting the fight between coach Vinny Del Negro and executive vice president of operations John Paxson and dissecting what it means to the team’s future.
♦ Hannah Karp in The Wall Street Journal writes about the resurgence of hockey in Los Angeles with the Kings’ success.
ON THIS DAY TRIVIA: On April 14, 1967, Billy Rohr pitched a one-hitter for the Red Sox in his major league debut, giving up a single to Elston Howard with two outs in the ninth inning. Which Yankees legend took the loss in the 3-0 Sox victory?
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “It’s a very serious matter, one we take serious.” — Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, after a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss his recent behavioral problems
STAT OF THE DAY: 14 — Years since a Canadian team picked first in the NHl draft; Edmonton was awarded the first pick Tuesday night after winning the draft lottery
‘NET RESULTS: The Phillie Phanatic showed off his Lady Gaga impersonation at Tuesday’s game.
TRIVIA ANSWER: Whitey Ford
SOOTHING SOUNDS: Loretta Lynn is 75 today.
- quazymoto on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- MichiganJones on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- mystreba on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- Mike on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future