Tuesday’s Morning Mashup
|05.04.10 at 7:30 am ET|
WHAT’S HAPPENING TODAY:
MLB: Angels at Red Sox, 7:10 p.m. (NESN, WEEI)
AROUND THE WEB:
♦ The mother of football player Dez Bryant told AOL FanHouse that she wants an apology from the Dolphins executive who asked if she was a prostitute. Meanwhile, The Dallas Morning News reports that Angela Bryant has had two run-ins with the law in the last two years, including an arrest last year for selling crack cocaine.
♦ Lenn Robbins in the New York Post looks at the Tim Welsh situation at Hofstra and writes that college basketball coaches are going to be held more accountable for their actions.
♦ With the Celtics routing LeBron James and the Cavaliers, Jim Ingraham in The News-Herald of Northern Ohio writes about the Most Valuable Elbow and how it could be signaling doom for the Cavaliers. Dan Wetzel at Yahoo!Sports writes that the Cavs don’t seem to have the right mindset after Monday’s blowout.
♦ John Branch in The New York Times writes about Vermont snowboarder Kevin Pearce, now recovering at home after his near-fatal snowboarding accident in late December.
ON THIS DAY TRIVIA: On May 4, 1974, which Red Sox player tied a major league record by making three errors in his major league debut?
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “Everybody can be [expletive] happy when you’re [expletive] 30-1, but what is everybody going to do when we’re 12-and-14. Are you going to show up to work the next day and write an [expletive] story. Hell no. You’re going to write the best story of your life. We’re going to try and play the best [expletive] game of our life tomorrow. That’s what you’ve got to do when you’re 12-14. Don’t put your head down and mope. Grind it out. You believe. That’s what we’re built on.” — Dustin Pedroia, after the Red Sox’ win over the Angels Monday night
STAT OF THE DAY: 19 — Assists for Rajon Rondo in Monday night’s win over the Cavaliers, tying a Celtics playoff record
‘NET RESULTS: The Ontario Hockey League championship series got a little testy.
Don Cherry “resents” having “e-mails from jerks on Hockey Night in Canada.”
TRIVIA ANSWER: Shortstop Rick Burleson
SOOTHING SOUNDS: Nick Ashford of Ashford & Simpson is 68 today.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call