Wednesday’s Morning Mashup
|05.26.10 at 8:27 am ET|
WHAT’S HAPPENING TODAY:
MLB: Red Sox at Rays, 7:10 p.m. (NESN, WRKO)
NBA playoffs: Celtics at Magic, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN, WEEI)
AROUND THE WEB:
♦ On Sunday night, Mets reliever Francisco Rodriguez got into a confrontation with bullpen coach Randy Niemann before entering the game against the Yankees and recording the save. The New York Daily News snoops around and finds that teammates are siding with the coach, who apparently got tired of K-Rod’s constant complaining and selfishness.
♦ Dan Wetzel at Yahoo!Sports examines the NFL’s decision to award the 2014 Super Bowl to New York/New Jersey. Judy Battista in The New York Times looks at how the idea came to be and how it got pushed through.
♦ The Lakers lost Game 4 to the Suns on Tuesday night, and T.J. Simers in The Los Angeles Times writes about the distractions caused by rumors of where Phil Jackson will be coaching next season.
♦ Sports Illustrated reports that a federal investigator is looking into the latest allegations that bicyclist Lance Armstrong cheated.
♦ Gregg Doyel at CBSSports.com looks at the latest allegations of impropriety with the University of Oklahoma basketball team and wonders why the Sooners shouldn’t get the death penalty.
ON THIS DAY TRIVIA: On May 26, 1976, the Bruins acquired Rick Middleton from the Rangers by sending which player to New York?
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “People talk about the weather, but, you know, this is football, not beach volleyball.” — New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, after the 2014 Super Bowl was awarded to the New Meadowlands Stadium
STAT OF THE DAY: 7 — Consecutive starts without a loss for Red Sox lefty Jon Lester, following Tuesday night’s win over the Rays
‘NET RESULTS: This basketball fan in Greece gets a little too close to the action.
TRIVIA ANSWER: Ken Hodge
SOOTHING SOUNDS: Stevie Nicks is 62 today.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call