Tweets of the Week: Brett Favre front and center
|10.15.10 at 8:49 am ET|
This is the first edition of Tweets of the Week, where we’ll highlight the events of the past seven days with the funniest and most interesting tweets.
With a week full of drama and intrigue, from Brett Favre‘s alleged sexual harassment to a questionable report of a Tom Brady-Randy Moss feud and Deion Branch‘s return to New England, those in the Twitter world were busy this week weighing in with their reactions. Even the Columbus Day holiday elicited some interesting responses.
The Vikings quarterback had quite the brutal week. From allegations that he sent naughty text messages to Jets TV host Jenn Sterger to losing on Monday Night Football and his lingering elbow tendinitis, this is a week Favre will want to forget.
JPosnanski Joe Posnanski: This lightning delay can only mean one thing: God has not heard enough about Randy Moss and Brett Favre yet.
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons: Jaws: “They’re reeling right now from Brett Favre’s assault.” This game might break the all-time double entendre record.
kirkmin Kirk Minihane: To be fair, this is the best game I can recall a QB playing four days after pictures of his genitals were shown on Deadspin.
rainnwilson Rainn Wilson: Brett Favre texted me explicit pictures of his enormous ego.
Tom Brady, Deion Branch, Randy Moss
While Favre took a beating in the twitter world, Branch, Moss and Brady received a more mixed reaction.
BlkSportsOnline Robert Littal: Randy Moss = 3rd rd pick .. Deion Branch = 4th rd pick ?? That is like saying Jay Z = 3rd rd pick & Waka Flacka = 4th rd pick
No list could be complete without reactions to Sunday’s slate of football games. And with some truly ugly performances, plus Terrell Owens tweeting away, it was hard to select the best ones.
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons: And [Jake] Delhomme and [Kerry] Collins are next and neck…but here comes Carson Palmer! And it’s Carson Palmer by a nose! He’s the worst QB of the day!”
kirkmin Kirk Minihane: “I just knew someday there would be a blockbuster story involving Charley Casserly and hair.”
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons: “I’m still reeling from the “We want [David] Carr!” chant. I mean, just throw your own feces at that point. What’s the difference?”
OGOchoCinco Chad Ochocinco: remember the fun Chad that sent opponents pepto bismol, degree deodarant, copies of my book I CAN’T BE STOPPED,Falcons got a fed ex comin.
Why did T.O.’s tweet make it? The tweet was sent within 90 minutes of kickoff Sunday and Owens faced a possible $25,000 fine. What happens when Owens tweets something a little more vicious?
Then there were the tweets that were just so outlandish that we had to include them.
FakeMTA FakeMTA: In honor of Columbus Day, all trains will be taking you someplace other than you thought you were going.
ConanOBrien Conan O’Brien: After 9 hours driving from drug store to drug store, it hit me: no one sells Columbus Day decorations.
- quazymoto on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- MichiganJones on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- mystreba on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- Mike on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future