Colts receivers Dallas Clark, Austin Collie out indefinitely after hand surgeries
|10.22.10 at 11:17 am ET|
Two of the Colts’ top receiving targets will be sidelined for at least the next few weeks after having surgery on their hands.
The Indianapolis Star reports that Colts president Bill Polian has confirmed an earlier Adam Schefter report that stated Dallas Clark will need surgery to repair a a “displaced ligament” in his left hand. Though no official timetable has been set, as there are different types of surgeries for this injury, Polian expects Clark “will be out for a while, if not longer.” Jacob Tamme is expected to fill Clark’s shoes, and coach Jim Caldwell believes his versatily will allow him to thrive out wide and in the slot, similar to Clark.
Meanwhile, second-year wide receiver Austin Collie, who is the fifth-leading receiver in the league, also underwent surgery on his hand. Similarly, no timetable has been set, but suggestions range from 2-6 weeks. Polian commented he expects Collie will miss “several games.” Anthony Gonzalez is expected to step up in his absence.
- Ty on Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fined $100K; forfeiture of draft picks a possibility
- Geetsolboy on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Struggling Nets demote top assistant Lawrence Frank after reported rift with Jason Kidd
- Kevin Miller on NFL roundup: Discipline expected for Steelers coach Mike Tomlin; Giants-Redskins ends in controversy
- Mike on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez amends lawsuit, says Bud Selig lacks ‘courage’
- my10sense on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: Seahawks CB Brandon Browner reportedly facing 1-year suspension
- DF on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: Seahawks CB Brandon Browner reportedly facing 1-year suspension
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez hearing ends, player’s lawyers say they’ll take case to court
- gazzzmann on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez turns up at New York radio station, says Bud Selig ‘hates my guts’
- Mike on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez turns up at New York radio station, says Bud Selig ‘hates my guts’
- TedSox on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez turns up at New York radio station, says Bud Selig ‘hates my guts’