Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Former White Sox executive indicted
|11.11.10 at 7:45 am ET|
WHAT’S HAPPENING LOCALLY THURSDAY:
NHL: Canadiens at Bruins, 7 p.m. (NESN)
NBA: Celtics at Heat, 8 p.m. (CSNNE; WEEI)
AROUND THE WEB:
♦ Former White Sox executive David Wilder was indicted Wednesday on charges that he was skimming money off the top of contracts with prospects from the Dominican Republic. According to a report, Wilder was using the money to fund a gay bar he owned in Phoenix that was struggling financially. Wilder was the first individual charged following the FBI investigation, although representatives from other clubs — including the Red Sox and Yankees — reportedly also are under investigation.
♦ With college basketball season starting up, Andy Glockner at Sports Illustrated writes about how 68-year-old Jim Calhoun, despite health issues and troubles with the NCAA, is not ready to give up on what he started at UConn.
♦ AOL FanHouse has the story of Satnam Singh Bhamara, a 14-year-old from India who stands 7 feet and is developing his basketball skills in Florida as he bids to eventually become the first NBA player from India.
ON THIS DAY TRIVIA: On Nov. 11, 1943, the Bruins surrendered the first empty-net goal in NHL history when which coach pulled B’s goalie Bert Gardiner in an attempt to tie a game against the Blackhawks at Boston Garden?
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “I made Minnesota my home. I loved being there, and it just didn’t work out. Just I had my own beliefs in what I believe, and coach had his. Am I bitter or mad that he let me go or the organization? No. You never know what the future holds.” — Randy Moss, speaking publicly for the first time as a member of the Titans
STAT OF THE DAY: 6-1 — The Bruins’ record on the road this season, following Wednesday’s 7-4 victory over the Penguins
‘NET RESULTS: A 3-year-old hoops fan shows off his knowledge of the Bucks roster.
TRIVIA ANSWER: Art Ross
SOOTHING SOUNDS: Marshall Crenshaw turns 57 Thursday.
- quazymoto on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- MichiganJones on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- mystreba on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- Mike on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Sergio Garcia apologizes after racially insensitive comment about Tiger Woods
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future