LeBron James’ return to Cleveland draws big ratings
|12.03.10 at 2:48 pm ET|
LeBron James‘ return to Cleveland drew big TV ratings Thursday night, according to TNT. The game drew a 5.0 overnight TV rating, besting the 4.1 overnight rating for the NFL Network’s telecast of the Philadelphia Eagles vs. the Houston Texans by 22 percent.
The NBA game averaged a huge 25.4 overnight rating in the Cleveland TV market, compared to 14.9 in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area. Nation ratings peaked at 6.7 from 8:15-8:30 p.m, then declined as the Heat took control. The pregame show from 8-8:11 p.m ET outdrew the game itself, pulling a 5.9 rating.
Despite the high-rating, the game did not beat out the first Celtics-Heat matchup. Darren Rovell tweets that the Heat-Cavs drew 7.05 million viewers, while the Celtics contest drew 7.3 million viewers. Headline Planet adds the game couldn’t outpace the season opener’s 5.6 rating.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call