Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Michael Vick wants a dog
|12.15.10 at 7:45 am ET|
WHAT’S HAPPENING LOCALLY WEDNESDAY:
NBA: Celtics at Knicks, 7 p.m. (CSNNE, ESPN; WEEI)
NHL: Bruins at Sabres, 7 p.m. (NESN)
AROUND THE WEB:
♦ Michael Vick said he wants to get a dog. The Eagles quarterback, who spent 18 months in prison for his role in allowing the fighting and abuse of dogs on his compound, said in an interview with NBC News on Tuesday that having a pet would show that his transformation is complete. “I would love to get another dog in the future,” he said. “I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process.
“I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love and my passion for animals; I think it would be outstanding. If I ever have the opportunity again I will never take it for granted. I miss having a dog right now. I wish I could. My daughters miss having one, and that’s the hardest thing: telling them that we can’t have one because of my actions.”
♦ He has been productive on the field and generally well-behaved off it this season, but on Tuesday, wide receiver Terrell Owens said his “frustration pretty much is at an all-time high,” and he made it clear who he thinks is most to blame for the Bengals’ disappointing season.
On “The T.Ocho Show,” Owens responded to a question from teammate Chad Ochocinco about why the Benglas are 2-11. “I think there’s underachieving from the top down,” Owens said. “You start with the owner, you start with the coaches. And obviously we as players, we are a product of what the coaches are coaching us throughout the course of the week. Of course, we have to go out there and play the game. But in order for us to do what we’re allowed to do at the best of our abilities, the coaches have to put the players in the best position.”
♦ The Nets reportedly made a minor deal on Tuesday, acquiring the expiring contract of Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic. In the Denver Post, Dave Krieger writes that this puts New Jersey in position to make a run at Carmelo Anthony, and he looks at what the fans think of the “Melo-drama.”
♦ Following reports that Clippers owner Donald Sterling has been heckling players on his own team, Bill Plaschke in The Los Angeles Times suggests that Sterling look in the mirror before opening his mouth.
ON THIS DAY TRIVIA: On Dec. 15, 1993, with three goals in a 5-4 victory over the Devils in New Jersey, who became only the third defenseman in Bruins history to record a hat trick (joining Bobby Orr and Ray Bourque)?
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “It’s a rivalry? You [media] let me in on all the new stuff. I didn’t know we had a rivalry going.” — Paul Pierce, talking about Wednesday’s game against the surging Knicks
STAT OF THE DAY: 10 — Consensus All-Americans in Boston College football history, with sophomore linebacker Luke Kuechly joining the list on Tuesday
‘NET RESULTS: From Sunday night, Wild forward Mikko Koivu loses his stick, so he steals Ducks forward Bobby Ryan‘s stick out of his hands. Ryan gets the last laugh, though, as he picks up Koivu’s stick and scores a goal, despite the right-handed Ryan using a left-handed stick.
TRIVIA ANSWER: Glen Wesley
SOOTHING SOUNDS: Dave Clark turns 68 Wednesday.
- 3A on Monday’s Morning Mashup: Broncos WR Wes Welker suffers second concussion in 4 weeks
- Mike on Monday’s Morning Mashup: Broncos WR Wes Welker suffers second concussion in 4 weeks
- Tony on Reports: Robinson Cano agrees to 10-year, $240M deal with Mariners
- Mike on Reports: Robinson Cano agrees to 10-year, $240M deal with Mariners
- depo on Reports: Robinson Cano agrees to 10-year, $240M deal with Mariners
- Jeter_Cheats on Reports: Robinson Cano agrees to 10-year, $240M deal with Mariners
- Chris on Reports: Robinson Cano agrees to 10-year, $240M deal with Mariners
- Herb on Reports: Robinson Cano agrees to 10-year, $240M deal with Mariners
- the truth on Reports: Robinson Cano agrees to 10-year, $240M deal with Mariners
- shutiggyupdotcom on Reports: Robinson Cano agrees to 10-year, $240M deal with Mariners