Dolphins crowd boos Chad Henne, chants for Kyle Orton
|08.02.11 at 9:51 am ET|
Talk about a tough crowd.
As of right now, Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne is the presumed starting quarterback for the Fins this season. But after a poor performance during an intrasquad scrimmage Monday, the 10,109 fans who were watching began booing the former Michigan signal-caller, according to The South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
If it was bad enough to be booed at during a game that didn’t matter, it got even worse when his pass to tight end Anthony Fasano was off-target and deflected. Following that miscue, the crowd began to cheer “We want Orton” in reference to Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton, who the Dolphins had reportedly tried to acquire via trade before the signing of Matt Moore signaled that the team was going in another direction.
In 15 games (14 starts) last season, Henne threw for 3,301 yards, 15 touchdowns and 19 interceptions for a quarterback rating of 75.4. Orton had stats of 3,653 yards, 20 touchdowns, nine interceptions and an 87.5 QB rating in 13 starts during the 2010 season, but it has been rumored that the Broncos are looking to hand the reins of the offense over to Tim Tebow this season.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call