Report: CB Stanford Routt to Chiefs
|02.20.12 at 2:23 pm ET|
Former Raiders cornerback Stanford Routt has reportedly agreed to a deal with the AFC West rival Chiefs, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
The NFL free agency period does not officially begin until March 13, but since Routt was released by the Raiders, he is able to sign with a team before that date. The Raiders, under the leadership of new general manager Reggie McKenzie, released Routt just one year into a five-year, $54.5 million contract.
The 28-year-old Routt, who had spent all of his seven-year NFL career in Oakland, had 49 tackles and a career-high four interceptions in 2011, shouldering a greater burden after long-time Raiders shutdown cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha left for the Eagles via free agency. For his career, Routt has 237 tackles and 10 interceptions.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call