Antonio Cromartie’s wife says she faked suicide attempt to get his attention
|05.21.12 at 1:33 pm ET|
According to a New York Post report, Terricka Cason Cromartie, wife of Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie, was forced to undergo a psychiatric evaluation after faking a suicide attempt in order to prevent her husband from cheating on her.
At 2 a.m. on May 6, Cason Cromartie sent her husband a series of text messages stating, “God forgive me, I don’t want to die. What have I done?” and, “I cut my wrists. I took those pills.”
The cornerback, who lives with his wife in New Jersey but was in Miami when he received the messages, called the New Jersey police, telling them, “There’s a problem at my house. She’s bleeding. She cut her wrists.”
When the cops broke through the door of the Cromartie household, they found Cason Cromartie, seven months pregnant, laying in bed with her two daughters and no sign of blood.
Cason Cromartie admitted to faking the suicide attempt because she thought her husband was “cheating on her,” according to the police report.
The 31-year-old mother also admitted sending text messages “to the woman she believes is romantically involved with her husband.”
When police told her she needed to undergo psychiatric evaluations, she became “belligerent, uncooperative, irrational and argumentative” but eventually agreed. The state’s child-protection agency took temporary care of her children.
Cromartie is the father of 10 kids, including eight with seven other women.
- Ty on Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fined $100K; forfeiture of draft picks a possibility
- Geetsolboy on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Struggling Nets demote top assistant Lawrence Frank after reported rift with Jason Kidd
- Kevin Miller on NFL roundup: Discipline expected for Steelers coach Mike Tomlin; Giants-Redskins ends in controversy
- Mike on Wednesday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez amends lawsuit, says Bud Selig lacks ‘courage’
- my10sense on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: Seahawks CB Brandon Browner reportedly facing 1-year suspension
- DF on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: Seahawks CB Brandon Browner reportedly facing 1-year suspension
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez hearing ends, player’s lawyers say they’ll take case to court
- gazzzmann on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez turns up at New York radio station, says Bud Selig ‘hates my guts’
- Mike on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez turns up at New York radio station, says Bud Selig ‘hates my guts’
- TedSox on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Alex Rodriguez turns up at New York radio station, says Bud Selig ‘hates my guts’