Report: Bobcats rejected offer of Derrick Williams for No. 2 pick
|06.28.12 at 1:30 pm ET|
Trade offers are in full force as the NBA draft approaches Thursday night, and according to sources close with Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, the Timberwolves offered a deal Thursday to the Bobcats that would have sent Derrick Williams to Charlotte for the No. 2 overall pick in the draft. The Bobcats reportedly immediately rejected the offer.
Williams was the No. 2 pick in last year’s draft. In his rookie season, he didn’t exactly perform to expectations and averaged 8.8 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. He played in all 66 games for the Timberwolves.
The Bobcats, meanwhile, are entertaining a variety of trade offers for their No. 2 pick, according to NBA.com’s David Aldridge, who said they are currently exploring five different options.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call