Chargers RB Ryan Mathews receives minor injuries in car crash
|08.01.12 at 1:17 pm ET|
Chargers running back Ryan Mathews sustained minor injuries after being involved in a two-car crash near the Sports Arena on Monday night, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.
The 24-year-old said he hurt his elbow, and coach Norv Turner called the running back “day-to-day.”
“I felt like I played about four games [Monday] when I woke up [Tuesday] morning,” Mathews said.
Mathews said he was driving to the team hotel and felt his car drift on East Interstate 8. California Highway Patrol Officer Mary Bailey said Mathews’ vehicle hit another without injuring the person in the other car. Bailey also said it seems as though alcohol and drugs had nothing to do with the incident.
The 2010 draft pick has spent his entire two-year career with the Chargers, rushing for 1,796 yards and 13 touchdowns.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call