Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert, WR Laurent Robinson done for season
|11.21.12 at 1:22 pm ET|
The Jaguars announced that quarterback Blaine Gabbert and receiver Laurent Robinson have been placed on season-ending injured reserve because of injuries sustained in this past Sunday’s matchup with the Texans.
Chad Henne, who replaced Gabbert in Sunday’s game, will be the starter for the rest of the year, and the Jaguars have signed Jordan Palmer, who spent the preseason in Jacksonville, to be Henne’s backup.
Henne threw for 354 yards and four touchdowns in the 43-37 overtime loss to the Texans.
Gabbert’s injury is to his right forearm and left shoulder. His shoulder requires surgery and the 1-9 Jaguars opted for him to have it sooner rather than later.
Robinson sustained his fourth concussion of the season and will not return. He finishes the year with 24 catches for 252 yards.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call