Joe Flacco’s agent says Ravens star should be league’s highest-paid QB
|02.06.13 at 2:48 pm ET|
Joe Flacco‘s agent, Joe Linta, has a higher opinion of his client than ever after the Ravens’ Super Bowl win, and said Tuesday that he thinks Flacco should be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL.
“When you do a contract of this magnitude, you look at what is the player’s body of work presently,” Linta said in an interview with CNBC. “And what are the expectations going forward over the next four, five or six years. Joe wins on both accounts.”
Flacco didn’t have an outstanding regular season, but he passed for 1,140 yards and 11 touchdowns with zero interceptions in four postseason games this year, ultimately leading the Ravens to a 34-31 over the 49ers in the Super Bowl. He also became the first quarterback to win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons. He is up for a new contract this offseason.
At 28, Flacco is younger than Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, who make $18 million and $20 million, respectively. Each has won one Super Bowl, now the same number as Flacco, and Linta said that that should justify an even bigger payday for Flacco.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call