|Giants RB Andre Brown breaks fibula, out for season||11.26.12 at 10:56 am ET|
The Giants’ impressive 38-10 win over the Packers Sunday night was made less sweet when coach Tom Coughlin announced running back Andre Brown had broken his fibula.
“Takes an awful lot off of the win, to be honest with you,” Coughlin said.
The injury reportedly will be season-ending for Brown.
Brown is not ruling himself out. He tweeted early Monday that his season wasn’t necessarily over.
Brown has rushed 73 times for 385 yards and eight touchdowns this season.
The Giants now will rely on Ahmad Bradshaw and rookie David Wilson to step up and fill Brown’s role.
“I feel bad for Andre, he’s my little brother,” Bradshaw said. “It’s heartbreaking for me just to see him so down. When I was a rookie I told David, [Derrick] Ward broke his fibula and I had to step in and be a big part of our offense. That’s what I expect from David and I told him to get right and get ready for the following weeks to come.”
Wilson said he is ready to help the Giants, who sit atop the NFC East.
“Dre played a big role in our offense running the ball, I’m definitely going to have to step up when my number is called and be prepared,” Wilson said.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call