|Nets’ Reggie Evans not impressed by LeBron James, Heat||01.31.13 at 12:36 pm ET|
Before Wednesday night’s game, Nets forward Reggie Evans provided LeBron James and the Heat with some bulletin board material, not that Miami needed any. The Heat defeated the Nets for the 13th consecutive time, 105-85, as James registered 24 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.
Earlier on Wednesday, Evans talked with the New York Daily News and attempted to devalue the Heat’s 2012 championship.
“It doesn’t prove nothing,” Evans said. “That was a lockout season.”
When James learned of the comments, he tweeted: Just keep throwing rocks at the throne, don’t matter cause nothing can break my zone.
Following the easy win, James continued with his response to the ineffective Evans (zero points, six rebounds).
“You can’t just come out and say something like that versus a champion,” James said. “No one knows what it takes unless you’ve done it. You can’t sit here and judge and talk about a team winning a championship unless you’ve done it. [Evans] hasn’t done it.”
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call