|Seahawks DC Gus Bradley hired as Jaguars coach||01.17.13 at 11:06 am ET|
Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley was hired Thursday to be the next head coach of the Jaguars.
Bradley has been with the Seahawks for the past four seasons, with the defense improving each of the past three years.
The Seahawks ranked in the top 10 in both points and yards allowed in the last two seasons. This year, though, was by far the best for Bradley’s squad. The Seahawks defense ranked first points allowed (15.3), fourth in yards (306.2), and tied for fourth in takeaways (31). The Jaguars who ranked 30th in the league in total defense this past season.
Bradley started his NFL coaching career with the Buccaneers as a defensive quality control coach in 2006 and was promoted to linebackers coach the following year. He joined the Seahawks in 2009.
“He’s got a brilliant football mind,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said this week. “He’s got a way of reaching people and touching people and getting the best out of them, coaches and players alike. He’s got everything that you’re looking for.”
Bradley replaces Mike Mularkey, who went 2-14 in his only season in Jacksonville.
- jeff on Jets RB Mike Goodson arrested on weapons, drug charges
- Franky on Stopped Boston Marathon runners invited back for 2014
- Uncle Buck on Tuesday’s Morning Mashup: ‘Bickering’ Knicks look to regroup for Game 4 against Pacers
- David Stern on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- Matt on Monday’s Morning Mashup: LeBron James gets defensive after criticism from Bulls
- bruinman86 on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- jimi krystle on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Mike on Friday’s Morning Mashup: Tim Tebow unsure about future
- Russ on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call
- FireGuyFrank on Thursday’s Morning Mashup: Umpires in Cleveland blow game-tying home run call